Office for IOS Apps List
Office for Windows Software List
- WPS Office 2016 Free
- WPS Office 2016 Beta
- WPS Office 2016 Business
- Kingsoft Data Recovery
- Writer Professional
- Spreadsheets Professional
- Presentation Professional
- Writer Free 2013
- Spreadsheets Free
- Presentation Free 2013
- Office Suite Standard
Office for Android Apps List
Tips and Guides
- How to Protect and Recovery Losing Files
- How to Use Kingsoft Data Recovery Master
- Compatible with ODF documents in WPS Office
- Difference Between WPS Office Free and WPS Office Business
- Hundreds of WPS Office Templates to Increase Your Productitvity
- How to Switch Language Interfaces in WPS Office
- How to Paste Text Without Format in Table?
- A Quick Smart Way to Fill out the Tables in Spreadsheets
- How to Paste Text Only in Table
- How to Extract All Email Addresses in One Document with A Second?
- How to Convert PowerPoint to Word document with Kingsoft Office?
- How to Insert Watermark to Documents with Kingsoft Writer?
Office to PDF converter Comparison
Release Date: 06-07-12
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It is a format used by people widely around the world to store and view data. It is a useful format when you share your documents with others who might not have word processor or word viewer installed.
Methods to convert office documents to PDF
You can either use Word to PDF / Excel to PDF / PowerPoint to PDF converters, or use built-in PDF converters in office suites like Kingsoft Office 2012. Microsoft Office 2003 doesn't support PDF converting, but its later versions, Office 2007 supports add-ins to convert PDF, and Office 2010 supports to save documents to PDF directly.
Kingsoft Office 2012 VS Microsoft Office 2007
Use Kingsoft Office 2012 to convert PDF
1. Open an existing *.doc, *.docx, *.xls, *xlsx, *.ppt or *.pptx file with Kingsoft Office.
2. Click the application menu on the top left, and select Export to PDF option to convert documents as PDF.
Use Microsoft Office 2007 to convert PDF
You have to first download a add-in to enable the PDF converting feature.
1. Open Word / Excel /PowerPoint files with Microsoft Office 2007.
2. Click Office button on the top left corner, and click Save As. Click "Find add-ins to save to other formats such as PDF or XPS."
3. The help topics will be opened, with the title of "Enable support for other file formats, such as PDF and XPS". Click "Install and use the Publish as PDF or XPS add-in from Microsoft" and open the hyperlink of "Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS Add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office programs". Download the add-in and install.
4. After installation, the PDF converting function is enabled. Now you can save your document as PDF.
Built-in vs Add-in
So the main difference between Kingsoft Office 2012 and Microsoft Office 2007 in PDF conversion is that, instead of using add-in program like in Microsoft Office 2007, Kingsoft Office 2012 has a built-in PDF converter, which helps to convert PDF directly the first time you use it. If you create office documents with Kingsoft Office, it is very convenient to save PDF files.
Free vs Paid
Another important fact is that, Kingsoft Office 2012 offers totally free edition (see Kingsoft Office Free), which means you can use the whole office suite to create word document, spreadsheet and presentation for completely free, and also convert them to PDF for free. While, Microsoft Office only has paid versions. If you are using previous versions of Microsoft Office, and need PDF conversion, Kingsoft Office is also a good choice.
OFFICE FOR WINDOWSWPS Office 2016
WPS Office 10 Business
Multi Language Office Suite
Kingsoft Data Recovery
OFFICE FOR ANDROIDFree Office Suite for Android
Free Office Reader for Android
Android Office Application International
Android Office User Manual
Download ExpressWPS Office 2016 Business
WPS Office 2016 Free
WPS Office 2016 Beta
Office Suite for Android newest